13 August 2011

One Man's Trash...

I don't know about y'all, but I LOVE finding a good deal! Here lately we've been finding a boat-load of great deals!

Before closing on our house, Jarred and I discussed how we had very little in the way of furniture and we were going to have to "deal" for awhile. I figured we'd save our money and slowly purchase furniture one room at a time, with cash. Apparently, Jarred had other ideas. He "dealt" by hunting craigslist (an all time favorite site of ours!) and scored some amazing deals!

Through his dedication to the computer, he found us two bedroom suites, one which included a mattress (YAY!), a patio table with chairs and cushions, two chaise loungers for the patio, and the most gorgeous leather loveseat and sofa (it came with two end tables that happened to match my bookcase perfectly!).

This past Christmas, Jarred bought me an electric piano from craigslist. Our kitchen table came from craigslist, too. When I sit down to really think it through, there are very few pieces of furniture that were purchased new. I know the adage is "old" and possibly "passe", however, it is something we've come to fully embrace: "One man's trash is another man's treasure".

It's become a challenge and almost a game to find the best deal we can. What can I say, it's cheap entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment