14 August 2010

Major Pain!!!

Last night I experienced something that I can only pray doesn't come around again... It was the most excruciating back pain I have ever experienced in my life, only about 100 times worse! 

Jarred and I were sitting in the living room watching some SVU and around 9pm my back felt really sore.  I opted to try and stretch out in bed to see if changing positions/locations would help.  No go.  It got worse... I was constantly changing positions from laying on my back, to hunched over the bed, anything I could think of to try and reduce the amount of pain I was in.  Jarred had offered me Tylenol when I first went back to the bed, but me being the stubborn person that I am, declined the offer.  Around 9:30 I was screaming for Tylenol and orange juice!

I consume said Tylenol and oj and then proceed to re-position over and over again for about 5 minutes.  I finally decide to hop into the shower and see if the warm water will relieve the pain. About 5-7 minutes later I'm laid out in the shower floor, almost in tears, because I couldn't take it...

And then IT happened. I knew what I had to do ... I had to vomit.

So, I'm in the shower floor, leaning over to the toilet and give back everything I had eaten/drank for the past 6 hours. I don't know how Jarred heard me all the way at the back of the apartment with the bathroom fan (that sounds like a jet engine) whirring away, but bless his heart, he found me... Soaking wet, head in the toilet and there was nothing he could do for me... I felt so bad for both of us! Me for the pain/puking and him for the lack of anything he could do about it! What a pair!

So, I hop back through the shower to rid myself of the puke feeling, and endured the back pain for as long as I could.  Once I couldn't take it anymore, I called the OB/GYN... The doctor was really nice, considering it was 10pm, and was asking me all kinds of questions... "How far along are you? Are you able to use the bathroom normally? What kind of pain is it? How long has it been there? Is it stronger on one side? etc. etc." Finally after all the questions, she tells me to take 2 more Tylenol and sip on water (I had let her know I vomited) and if it didn't get better within an hour to call her back.

Praise the Lord that it got better, because I was really scared there for a little bit! I had heard of women who have "back labor" and their description of the pain was the exact pain I was having.  Here I am, 28w2d having what could possibly be "back labor" and I nearly had a meltdown! I can not imagine delivering this baby a full 12 weeks early! That thought scares me to DEATH!

Well, on to the remainder of the day.  Hopefully it will be uneventful and Jarred and I can spend a Saturday just being together!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment