09 September 2010

I'm An Enigma

I have been to the doctor, I have explained what I went through a couple of nights ago, and I have reached the conclusion that I am an ENIGMA.

When I explained all of my symptoms, Allison, one of our doctors, was befuddled. She said that some of my symptoms would suggest kidney stones, but then other symptoms totally negated that possibility. Other things suggested simple Braxton Hicks contractions. However, nothing alleviated the symptom and ended up in vomit, which is not a normal thing... Plus the tightening of my stomach/uterus shouldn't have lasted the entire time I was having the symptoms. It should have been more of a "come and go" tightening.

So, all in all, we're not really sure what the problem is. I am expected to call the doctor the next time that the symptoms start up again (remember, this has happened 3 times now) and hopefully they will be able to walk me through a series of questions to determine if I need to come into the office, go to OB triage, be admitted to L&D, or do something different at home.

Sigh, being an enigma has it's charms, just not when I'm writhing in pain!

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment