17 January 2012

Scripture Memory Verse 2012 #2

Hi All!


The other day wasn't such a happy-go-lucky kind of day on the home front. Everyday can't be all sunshine and roses.  But on those days when no one can say or do the right things, the best thing to do is take a break and read God's Word. 


When I first sat down with my Bible, I was frustrated, angry and upset. I was on a "silent treatment" kick and to be honest, I was acting like a hissy fit throwing 6 year old. After spending even just a few minutes in Scripture, I started to feel better. God puts all kinds of words in His book. I find most of them to be healing. I also came across a verse that convicted me of my behavior at that very moment. God, You really know how to bring us down off our victimized pedestals. Praise You!


I decided that the convicting word God presented me needed to be something I etched deeply into my heart. So I've made it my second verse for memorization:


"Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load."  Galatians 6:4-5 NIV


I know these two verses aren't full of super complex theological ideas. However, it was a word that spoke directly to my situation and heart. I'm praying that these simple words and this basic idea of looking into your own actions/words/thoughts can help me to speak with more gentleness, work with more loving actions, and listen without jumping to the conclusion that someone else is trying to push my buttons. I also pray that these verses can help me to not worry so much about what others do and be more focused on how my actions can help bring glory to my God. 


Have any of you decided to join me on this adventure of memorizing the Word of God? More importantly, have you spent time in Scripture lately and been convicted of something in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment