05 February 2010

Chattin' It Up

So I'm on facebook this morning and I'm chatting with my cousin and one of my friends... at the same time... A feat that for most wouldn't cause a problem, however, it caused me a bit of stress!

While I was trying to keep up with two different conversations, my mind began to wander. And in my mind I thought, "How did we ever deal with IM from AOL?" In middle school and high school I'd have 20 conversations going at once... and I was able to keep them all straight! SHOCKING! Now I have trouble telling my bleoved hubby what just happened on tv 15 minutes earlier!

How is it that as I age my ability to focus and keep track of things is greatly deminished? Who knows... maybe I'm just going dumb! Well, at the very least, I'm less focucsed! I think part of the problem is that I want to be able to focus better therefore I'm so fixated on the act of focusing that I forget that I'm in conversation with another person! Wow.  Maybe if I just relax a bit and try to go with the flow I'll do a bit better... Who knows!

Ok, time to say bye for now!

P.S. As I'm writting this little post, I'm COMPLETELY un-focused! It must be really time to stop for a while! K. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment