19 February 2010

Scripture Memory Verse 4

Well, I'm back yet again! It's been a little while since I last posted, so here's a quick update:

We had a pretty laid back Valentine's Day. Just church and leftovers. Jarred found Chocolate Mouse Peeps which made me super happy! Of all the holiday candy, Peeps for any season are always my favorite and now they making them in Chocolate Mouse!!! Too much to handle!

On Presidents Day we went out to the waterfalls that are about 12 miles east of where we live. We took the dog with us and let him get some exercise. It's kind of funny trying to coax a dog that is as "city" as a dog can be and taking him into nature where there is dirt and grass and not much in the way of pavement.. hahaha! Good times! But honestly, he did well, even if he did get exhausted after 2/3 mile... ehh...

So anyhow, I'll get back to what this post is really all about...memorizing Scripture! YAY! I'm not really sure why life has to be a constant rollercoaster...but it sure does feel like that these days. There are days when all I want to do is just stare at a wall... there are other days that I feel like if I don't get out of these four walls, I'm gonna scream! However, lately I haven't been much in the mood for studying the Bible... I suppose I'm just in one of the ebbs instead of the flows right now...

Alas, let us get to the verse I chose for these two weeks! This verse comes from my favorite book of the Bible... it's one that most people ignore or skim through because of all the imagery and "like"s that are described, and others avoid it because of the destruction described in it... if you haven't guessed by now, it's the book of Revelation!

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20 NIV

I really love this verse! I think it really shows that Jesus did it all! He took the initiative, the first step, in forming a relationship with us. All we have to do is listen for his voice and open the door. How easy is that! We don't have to seek him for he found us first. He sought after you and me... He knocked at my door... for a long time I pretended not to hear him. Once I did hear him though, it was as if he was beating the door down to get to me!

I'm ultimately amazed by the sacrifice that Jesus went through just to build a relationship with me. Not only was he crucified on the cross for my sins, but he stood at the door to my heart and knocked unceasingly until I found the courage to open that door... Praise You Lord! You never gave up on me the way I would have surely given up on You! Thank You for everything you went through inorder to make me a child of Your kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment