26 July 2010

No Longer Homeless!

I had posted last time around that we were officially "homeless"... we are not "homeless" any more! YAY! We were planning on finding a house to buy up in the Reading area, but decided against that idea... at least for the next 12 months... We'd like to get to know the area better and really find that prime residential area to have as a (what I'm hoping will be) permanent settling down place.

Jarred and I went apartment hunting this past Thursday and discovered a few things about Reading: 

1. Downtown Reading is NOT where we want to be... I'm a fan of grass and the sea of concrete was absolutely depressing.

2. While there are some gorgeous older homes in Reading that have been converted to multi-family dwellings with TONS of character and curb appeal, I do not want to risk hauling a new infant and myself with all of our things up 1000+ flagstone steps in the dead of a Pennsylvania winter where any solid surface can become a sheet of ice.

3. I'm completely ready to have a place to live, even if it means paying a non-refundable up-front pet fee plus an extra $20 per month for my dog to live with me.

All that being said, we are the proud new tenants of a 2 bed/2 bath ground floor apartment with a washer/dryer in apartment, a swimming pool, and a work out facility for which we will be paying through the nose for the next 12 months! YAY!

We can now officially have a nursery for this child, whom is kicking the ever-livin' out of my belly button right now!  Next weekend we'll be hauling all of our stuff out of storage and up the two-hour trek to Reading, PA to get settled in! Come on "nesting", kick in quick so I can set up our new home fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment