07 January 2010

Marshmallow Mania!

Prince is in his usual chair snoozing away. I get up and go to the snack cabinet. All is quiet in the chair. I dig through all the different boxes and bags of goodies and still there is no movement from Prince. I arrive at the bag of mini marshmallows and before I can blink he is in front of me, expectantly seated at my toes. He knows the drill. Sit up, look alert, wag tail. Check, check, and check.


Of course with a dog as adorable as he is, how could I refuse him the treat he so desperately needed? He was rewarded for his behavior with a couple of the coveted marshmallows and then sent on his way. He made it half way to his chair and looked back at me. I think he was eyeing me up! He was checking to make sure that I was putting the bag of deliciousness away and not sneaking a few extra treats for myself. I tell ya, that dog doesn't trust me to let him have the last bite!

Oh well, some day I'll open a bag of marshmallows and look around for my darling dog in vain. He's almost 10 years old and I don't expect him to live forever. So perhaps I'll just enjoy how attentive he is to me now and cherish these moments ...

No comments:

Post a Comment