19 January 2010

Scripture Memory Verse 2

Well, I was planning on posting on the 15th, however, with the in-loves in town, I just didn't take the time... So I'm 4 days late, but it's never too late to hide God's Word in your heart.

For Christmas, I gave Jarred an audio Bible. I told him before I even gave it to him that it was a gift for the two of us moreso than just him! But I gave it to him, then put it on his computer. I turned around and put it on my computer and then my iPod. Now whenever I head to the laundromat or the grocery store, I'm listing to the Bible all the way! I've got to tell you, having that audio Bible has opened my eyes to those precious words on the pages of Scripture more than I could have ever imagined! I've read many of the words, spoken them to myself aloud, and listened to others read those glorious words aloud. But in my own personal time with God, this particular format has truly opened my heart to greater understanding, more questions and more fire for His Word! I think of so many different things when I hear the Bible and have it in my lap, marking up all the pages and noting the different questions that arise. It is a blast!

Anyhow, I've digressed enough now, so I'll just get on with it! Here's the verse that I've chosen for my 2nd Scripture:

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV

I really love this verse because I know it is an absolute. He can and will equip me with all that I need to be able to do any good work in His name! Isn't God amazing! He will ensure that whatever I do that is for Him, will not go to waste! Praise the LORD!!!

Alright, I'm going to head off to start my memorization, being certain to continue with my first Scripture! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment